Insider Threat Program Evaluator Certificate Examination
To insure the ability of a candidate evaluator to reduce exposure to insider risk and to strengthen insider threat programs within organizations, the Insider Threat Program Evaluator (ITPE) Certificate Examination evaluates a candidate evaluator's comprehension of the CERT insider threat program evaluation methodology.
The Insider Threat Program Evaluator Certificate Examination is an objective evaluation of your understanding of the best practices for evaluating Insider Threat program effectiveness. It is required for conferral of the Software Engineering Institute's Insider Threat Program Evaluator Professional Certificate.
After registering for the exam, candidate evaluators can begin the online exam at any time. Once the examination is started, the candidate evaluator will have 6 total hours to complete the examination.
Learners can begin the online exam at any time. Once the examination is started, the learner will have 6 total hours to complete the examination.
This validation exam is required for insider threat program evaluators who wish to pursue the SEI Insider Threat Program Evaluator Certificate.
Participants must achieve a minimum passing score of 80% for the Insider Threat Program Evaluator Certificate.
The exam consists of 65 multiple choice questions. Each question has either four or five possible answers, only one of which is correct. The exam covers the following topic areas:
- Insider Threat general overview
- Insider Threat definitions, issues, and types
- Severity and impact of insider threat activity
- Unintentional Insider Threat
- Insider Threat Prevention, Detection, and Mitigation Strategies
- Insider Threat Program Evaluation Methodology
- Insider Threat Evaluation phases
- Insider Threat Evaluation scope
- Insider Threat Evaluation capabilities and scoring
- Insider Threat Evaluation capability areas and focus areas
- Insider Threat Evaluation team roles and responsibilities
- Insider Threat Evaluation team practices
- Insider Threat Evaluation processes
- Insider Threat Program Evaluation Tool
The exam is based on information found in the Overview of Insider Threat Concepts and Activities, Building an Insider Threat Program, and Insider Threat Program Evaluator training courses. You may reference the course material as needed. Please keep in mind that the test will conclude after 6 total hours regardless of the number of questions answered.
Before registering for this exam, participants must complete the prerequisite courses: Overview of Insider Threat Concepts and Activities, Building an Insider Threat Program, and Insider Threat Program Evaluator.
To access the SEI Learning Portal, your computer must have the following:
- For optimum viewing, we recommend using the following browsers: Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari
- These browsers are supported on the following operating systems: Microsoft Windows 8 (or higher), OSX (Last two major releases), Most Linux Distributions
- Mobile Operating Systems: iOS 9, Android 6.0
- Microsoft Edge, Firefox, Chrome and Safari follow a continuous release policy that makes difficult to fix a minimum version. For this reason, following the market recommendation we will support the last 2 major version of each of these browsers. Please note that as of January 2018, we do not support Safari on Windows.
Training courses provided by the SEI are not academic courses for academic credit toward a degree. Any certificates provided are evidence of the completion of the courses and are not official academic credentials. For more information about SEI training courses, see Registration Terms and Conditions and Confidentiality of Course Records.