CERT Cybersecurity Leadership Examination
The CERT Cybersecurity Leadership Examination objectively assesses the student's understanding of cybersecurity principles that reflect basic awareness and knowledge of cybersecurity within the context of a business organization and from the perspective of organizational leadership.
The examination is administered online. Learners can begin the exam at any time. Once the examination is started, the learner will have 4 total hours to complete the examination.
This validation exam is required for conferral of the CERT Cybersecurity for Leadership Professional Certificate.
Participants must achieve a minimum passing score of 80% for the CERT Cybersecurity for Leadership Professional Certificate.
The exam is composed of 40 multiple choice questions. Each question has four or five possible answers, only one of which is correct. The exam covers the following topic areas:
- Cybersecurity Principles
- Cybersecurity Governance
- Cyber-Risk and Resilience Management
- Cyber Threat and Vulnerabilities
- Incident Response/Business Continuity/Disaster Recover
- Cybersecurity Resources
The exam is based on knowledge attained from the CERT Cybersecurity Oversight training course. You may reference the course material as needed. Please keep in mind that the test will conclude after 4 total hours regardless of the number of questions answered.
Before registering for this exam, participants must complete the prerequisite course: Cybersecurity Oversight for the Business Executive.
To access the SEI Learning Portal, which hosts the examination, your computer must have the following:
- For optimum viewing, we recommend using the following browsers: Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari
- These browsers are supported on the following operating systems: Microsoft Windows 8 (or higher), OSX (Last two major releases), Most Linux Distributions
- Mobile Operating Systems: iOS 9, Android 6.0
- Microsoft Edge, Firefox, Chrome and Safari follow a continuous release policy that makes difficult to fix a minimum version. For this reason, following the market recommendation we will support the last 2 major version of each of these browsers. Please note that as of January 2018, we do not support Safari on Windows.
Training courses provided by the SEI are not academic courses for academic credit toward a degree. Any certificates provided are evidence of the completion of the courses and are not official academic credentials. For more information about SEI training courses, see Registration Terms and Conditions and Confidentiality of Course Records.