Twenty Questions to Assess Your Program's Chances of Success
This online course introduces risk management concepts and explains the 20 key drivers that compose the SEI risk-based method for assessing complex projects, the Mission Diagnostic Protocol. This course explains what these drivers are and how the assessment of a program using the drivers creates a profile of a program's chances of success.
This hour-long course is part of a series of e-Learning modules to acquaint acquisition staff with key aspects of software-reliant systems acquisition.
Managers and program staff interested in
- project and program management
- understanding how to assess and manage risk in developmental and operation settings
At the completion of the course, the student will
- Develop a common understanding of risk management concepts and terminology
- Understand the key drivers of program success
- Understand how drivers can be used when assessing a program's systemic risk
- Be able to use the Standard Driver Workbook to assess a program's success
- Risk management concepts
- Tactical and Systemic approaches to analyzing risk
- Drivers of Program Success explained
- Drivers of Program Success Applied to your program
This course is presented in the form of narrated instructional pages. Interactive assessments assist with comprehension of the subject matter and application of the diagnostic tools. Learners will also be able to access additional resources related to the subject matter and a downloadable copy of the course presentation slides.
This course has no prerequisites.
To access the SEI Learning Portal, your computer must have the following:
- For optimum viewing, we recommend using the following browsers: Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari
- These browsers are supported on the following operating systems: Microsoft Windows 8 (or higher), OSX (Last two major releases), Most Linux Distributions
- Mobile Operating Systems: iOS 9, Android 6.0
- Microsoft Edge, Firefox, Chrome and Safari follow a continuous release policy that makes difficult to fix a minimum version. For this reason, following the market recommendation we will support the last 2 major version of each of these browsers. Please note that as of January 2018, we do not support Safari on Windows.
This is an eLearning course.Register Now
Course Fees [USD]
- eLearning: $75.00
Your access period will begin once you have been added to the SEI Learning Portal and launch the course.
Learners will have three weeks to complete the course. Upon completing all course elements, the learner is awarded an electronic certificate of course completion.
If you wish to purchase this course for a group of learners, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone at +1 412-268-7388 for group rate details.
Training courses provided by the SEI are not academic courses for academic credit toward a degree. Any certificates provided are evidence of the completion of the courses and are not official academic credentials. For more information about SEI training courses, see Registration Terms and Conditions and Confidentiality of Course Records.