For implementing a service-oriented architecture (SOA) approach, the SEI can help organizations understand the importance of aligning business goals and technological strategies, determine the feasibility of migrating their legacy systems, and develop governance policies.
We can organize and facilitate workshops for
- SOA Strategy: Find out how business goals and SOA strategies need to be—and can be—aligned.
- SOA Governance: Develop a set of governance policies and procedures that is right for your organization. An InfoWorld survey found that lack of governance is considered to be the main hindrance to achieving success with SOA adoption.
In addition, we offer these courses:
We also offer SEI certification of SOA-SMART team leads who can conduct SEI-Authorized SMART workshops on behalf of SEI Partner organizations.
Further, we can work with you to employ the following methods and tools:
- SMART: This methodology helps organizations determine whether it makes sense to migrate legacy systems to SOA environments, decide which services they should develop, assess the changes they need to make in their legacy systems to accomplish the migration, and evaluate possible migration strategies.
In aiding your decisions about SOA, you can rely on the SEI to be
As a federally funded research and development center, we are neutral by charter. We do not endorse vendor products; instead, we can help you make your own decision about SOA adoption based on complete, accurate information.
- focused on the transition of best practices
Our mission is to convey documented, proven knowledge and practices to provide the basis for sound decisions about SOA adoption.
- realistic about SOA technologies and standards
We continually analyze technologies and standards using a structured, context-driven approach in our laboratory.
- actively investigating issues significant to SOA adoption
For instance, in conjunction with an international panel of experts, we have formed an SOA research agenda.
- advising organizations on complex, large-scale, legacy system migration projects
Through our work with the U.S. Department of Defense organizations and civilian governmental agencies, we have gained experience with the kinds of issues your organization is probably facing.
Learn More About the SEI Approach to SOA Implementation