SATURN 2009 Recap
SATURN 2009’s program featured presentations on everything from aligning software, system, and enterprise architectures to governance and architecture competence, design, and improvement. These were presenterd by practitioners who deal with these issues every day and know firsthand what works and what doesn’t.
In addition to Software Architecture: Principles and Practices (SAPP), Migrating Legacy Systems to SOA Environments courses, Information Seminars on evaluating software architecture and identifying risks, a panel on enterprise, system, and software architectures and five expert-led tutorials, over 20 presentations were given.
Keynotes were given by John A. Zachman of Zachman International and Rebecca Wirfs-Brock of Wirfs-Brock Associates.
Review the presentations and download them below:
Aligning Software, System, and Enterprise Architectures
Session Chair – Mike Gagliardi, Software Engineering Institute, USA
Session Chair – John Klein, Software Engineering Institute, USA
Session Chair – Robert Nord, Software Engineering Institute, USA
Integrating Usability Supporting Architectural Patterns in a
Value of Architecture
Session Chair – Nanette Brown, Notewell Consulting, USA
Session Chair – Felix Bachmann, Software Engineering Institute, USA
Session Chair – SuZ Garcia, Software Engineering Institute, USA
How Acquisition Practice Can Impede SOA Governance
Architecture Significant Requirements
Session Chair – Len Bass, Software Engineering Institute, USA
Improving the Definition of Quality Attribute Scenarios
Session Chair – Don O'Connell, The Boeing Company, USA
Experience with the
The Software Engineering Institute (SEI) is a federally funded research and development center sponsored by the U.S. Department of Defense and operated by Carnegie Mellon University.
- Birds of a Feather Sessions Announced! »
- SATURN 2009 Panel: Exploring Boundaries Among Enterprise, System, and Software Architectures »
- Information Seminar: How to Effectively Evaluate Software Architecture and Identify Risks »
- Looking For Ways To Improve Your Architecture? You’re Not Alone. »
- Organizations from the Aerospace Corporation to Westinghouse have attended previous SATURN conferences. Check out the entire list. »
- Complete Your Training Experience at SATURN 2009 – Take SAPP Course and Exam! »
- Economics-Driven Architecting and Pattern-Oriented Architecture Among SATURN 2009 Tutorial Topics »
- Popular Architecture Practices and SOA Courses Co-Located at SATURN 2009 »
- Your organization can stand out at
SATURN 2009. Find out about
sponsorship opportunities »
- John A. Zachman to Keynote at
SATURN 2009 »
- View the slides from the Exploring Architecture At All Scales webinar
- Rebecca Wirfs-Brock to Keynote at
SATURN 2009 »
Join SATURN Network mailing List here:
SEI Members save an additional 15% off the conference fee! Not a member? Join now »
Another benefit to SEI Membership is The Monitor, a monthly publication exclusively for members.
For a look at the January 2009 issue that focused on architecture-centric practices, download it here »
Listen to Eoin Woods discuss the software architecture practices in the Barclays Global Investors environment.