Arcade Game Maker Pedagogical Product Line: Brickles User Manual
The Arcade Game Maker (AGM) product line organization is producing a series of arcade games ranging from low to high obstacle count with a range of interaction effects. For more details about the products, see Arcade Game Maker Pedagogical Product Line: Scope.
This document is for game players. It describes how to install and play Brickles.
Install Brickles as follows:
- Unzip the distribution file.
- Provide access to the .Net runtime environment for the executable.
- Double-click the Brickles icon.
The game is opened and initialized as shown in the following figure.
Initialized Brickles Display
Modes of Operation
Brickles has three modes of operation:
The executable is loaded and the display is initialized.
To enter this mode, double-click the Brickles icon.
Animation begins (elements move around the screen).
- To enter this mode, left-click within the boundaries of the playing area.
Animation stops (all elements are stationary).
To enter this mode, hold down the left mouse button.
To resume play, release the button.
Rules for Brickles
Brickles has a few simple rules:
- A player gets three pucks to break all of the bricks in the brick pile.
- If a puck hits the floor, it is removed from play.
- If the player breaks all the bricks, he wins.
- If the player runs out of pucks, he loses.
Test Brickles as follows:
- If you closed the game, double-click on the Brickles icon.
- Left-click within the boundaries of the playing area.
- Let the puck collide into a brick or the floor.
Based on the rules, the puck is absorbed or changes direction according to the laws of physics.
- Hold down the left mouse button.
The game is paused.
- Release the left mouse button.
The game is resumed.
- On the toolbar, click Help.
Online help is displayed.
- On the toolbar, click File > Exit.
The game exits.
No advanced features are implemented in this version.