Arcade Game Maker Pedagogical Product Line: Bowling User Manual
The Arcade Game Maker (AGM) product line organization is producing a series of arcade games ranging from low to high obstacle count with a range of interaction effects. For more details about the products, see Arcade Game Maker Pedagogical Product Line: Scope.
This Web page is for game players. It describes how to install and play Bowling.
Install Bowling as follows:
- Unzip the distribution file.
- Provide access to the .Net runtime environment for the executable.
- Double-click the Bowling icon.
The game is opened and initialized as shown in the following figure.
Initialized Bowling Display
Modes of Operation
Bowling has three modes of operation:
The executable is loaded and the display is intialized.
To enter this mode, double-click the Bowling icon.
Animation begins (elements move around the screen).
To enter this mode, position the cursor at the point from which you want to launch the bowling ball. To release the ball, left-click.
Animation stops (all elements are stationary).
To enter this mode, hold down the left mouse button. To resume play, release the button.
Rules for Bowling
This version of Bowling is for one player. It has a few simple rules:
- The player attempts to knock down as many pins as possible in 10 frames.
- The player throws two balls in each frame.
- Knocking down all pins in a frame with the first ball is termed a strike.
- Knocking down all pins in a frame with both balls is termed a spare.
- The score for a frame is the total number of pins knocked down by the two balls.
- The score for a frame in which a spare is made is 10 plus the number of pins knocked down by the first ball of the next frame.
- The score for a frame in which a strike is made is 10 plus the number of pins knocked down by both balls in the next frame.
- If a strike or spare is achieved in the 10th frame, a third ball is thrown, and the number of pins knocked down is added to the score for that frame.
Test Bowling as follows:
- If you closed the game, double-click on the Bowling icon.
- Position the cursor at the point from which you want to launch the
bowling ball and left-click.
- Let the ball collide into the pins.
Based on the rules, the score is determined.
- Hold down the left mouse button.
The game is paused.
- Release the left mouse button.
The game is resumed.
- On the toolbar, click Help.
Online help is displayed.
- On the toolbar, click File > Exit.
The game exits.
No advanced features are implemented in this version.