Associate Director of Empirical Research, Software Solutions Division
Conducting empirically grounded research on software engineering and advising on research proposals and plans. Managing the Software Engineering Measurement and Analysis initiative.
Manager and Member of the Technical Staff at the SEI since 1992. R&D has focused on applications of measurement and analysis techniques to process improvement, project management, and product development. Previous position to joining the SEI was Assistant Director of Analytic Studies for Carnegie Mellon University. Certified SCAMPI Lead Appraiser and instructor for SEI courses. ASQ Certified Software Quality Engineer, senior member of ASQ, and senior member of IEEE.
Publications (recent or significant)
- Kasunic, Mark; McCurley, James; Goldenson, Dennis; and Zubrow, David. An Investigation of Techniques for Detecting Data Anomalies in Earned Value Management Data (CMU/SEI-2011-TR-027). Software Engineering Institute, Carnegie Mellon University, December 2011.
- Ferguson, Robert; Goldenson, Dennis; McCurley, James; Stoddard, Robert W.; Zubrow, David; and Anderson, Debra. Quantifying Uncertainty in Early Lifecycle Cost Estimation (QUELCE) (CMU/SEI-2011-TR-026). Software Engineering Institute, Carnegie Mellon University, December 2011.
- Zubrow, David; and Harper, Erin. “Should You Trust Your Data?” Software Quality Professional 13, 4 (September 2011).
- Kasunic, Mark; Zubrow, David; and Harper, Erin. Issues and Opportunities for Improving the Quality and Use of Data in the Department of Defense (CMU/SEI-2011-SR-004). Software Engineering Institute, Carnegie Mellon University, March 2011.
- Flowe, Robert; Kasunic, Mark; Brown, Mary Maureen; Harding, Paul; McCurley, James; Zubrow, David; and Anderson, William. Programmatic and Constructive Interdependence: Emerging Insights and Predictive Indicators of Development Resource Demand (CMU/SEI-2010-TR-024), Software Engineering Institute, Carnegie Mellon University, July 2010.
- Kasunic, Mark; McCurley, James; and Zubrow, David. Can You Trust Your Data? Establishing the Need for a Measurement and Analysis Infrastructure Diagnostic (CMU/SEI-2008-TN-028), Software Engineering Institute, Carnegie Mellon University, November 2008.
- Bass, Len; Nord, Robert L.; Wood, William; Zubrow, David; and Ozkaya, Ipek. “Analysis of Architecture Evaluation Data,” Journal of Systems and Software 81, 9. September 2008 (1443–1455).
- Clark, Brad, Goethert, Wolf, and Zubrow, Dave Cost estimation, in Modernizing Legacy Systems by Seacord, R.C, Lewis, G, and Plakosh, D., Addison Wesley, 2003, Ch 17.
- Barnard, Julie, El Emam, Khaled, and Zubrow, Dave, Using capture recapture models for the reinspection decision, Software Quality Professional, March 2003.
- Measures for software product lines, Dave Zubrow and Gary Chastek, Software Engineering Institute, Carnegie Mellon University, CMU/SEI-2003-TN-031.
- Dave Zubrow, Measurement with a focus: Goal-driven software measurement, Crosstalk, September, 1998.
- "Software quality and the Capability Maturity Model," CACM v40,n6, June 1997, p30-40. with Jim Herbsleb, Dennis Goldenson, Will Hayes, and Mark Paulk.
Empirical Research Office and the
Software Engineering Measurement and Analysis Initiative
Certified Software Quality Engineer, 6th person certified by this program, American Society for Quality
- American Society for Quality Software Division, Vice Chair of Technology
- IEEE, Senior Grade Member
- American Society for Quality, Senior Member
Software Quality Professional