Soumya is a member of the System of Systems Engineering team within the System of Systems Practice (SoSP) Initiative. His current research is focused on system of systems engineering, service-oriented architectures, modernization of legacy systems, grid architectures, and evaluating current technologies that support integration and interoperability between systems.
His current projects include
- Guidelines for Engineering Systems of Systems
- Migration of Legacy Systems to Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) Environments
- Evaluation of Technologies for Interoperability using T-Checks
- Guidelines for Development of SOA-Based Systems
Before coming to the SEI, Soumya did software design and development in the finance and telecom domains, working for one of Indias largest software companies. Soumya holds a Bachelor in Electronics Engineering from Sambalpur University and a Master in Software Engineering from Carnegie Mellon University.
Publications (recent or significant)
- Lewis, Grace; Morris, Ed; Simanta, Soumya; and Wrage, Lutz. Why Standards Are Not Enough to Guarantee End-to-End Interoperability. Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on COTS-Based Software Systems (ICCBSS 2008). February 2008.
- Technical Note - T-Check in Technologies for Interoperability: Web Services and Security--Single Sign-On - Wrage, Lutz; Simanta, Soumya; Lewis, Grace A.; and Jaspan, Saul - CMU/SEI-2008-TN-026 - January 2008.
- Technical Note - T-Check for Technologies for Interoperability: Open Grid Services Architecture (OGSA)--Part 1 - Simanta, Soumya; Wrage, Lutz; and Lewis, Grace -CMU/SEI-2007-TN-016 - April 2007.
- Lewis, Grace A; Morris, Edwin; Smith, Dennis B.; Simanta, Soumya; and Wrage, Lutz. Common Misconceptions About Service-Oriented Architecture. CrossTalk - Working As A Team. November 2007.
- Lewis, Grace; Morris, Ed; Simanta, Soumya; Smith, Dennis; and Wrage, Lutz. SMART: Analyzing the Reuse Potential of Legacy Components in a Service- Oriented Architecture Environment. Proceedings of the 2007 AIAA Infotech@Aerospace Conference. May 2007.
System of Systems Practice (SoSP)
- BS, Electrical Engineering,
- MS, Software Engineering