Prior to joining the SEI, Plakosh was the lead software engineer for the Systems Engineering Department at the Naval Surface Warfare Center (NSWCDD). Plakosh has over 15 years of software development experience in defense, research and industry. Plakosh's principal areas of expertise include; real-time distributed systems, network communications and protocols, systems engineering, real-time 2D and 3D graphics, and Unix OS internals. Much of Plakosh's recent experience has been redesigning legacy-distributed systems to use the latest distributed communication technologies.
Publications (recent or significant)
- Kurt C. Wallnau , Daniel Plakosh, WaterBeans: A Custom Component Model and Framework, published in proceedings of the 2000 International Workshop on Component-Based Software Engineering held in conjunction with the 22nd International Conference on Software Engineering (ICSE2000) Limerick, Ireland June 5-6, 2000.
- Daniel Plakosh, Dennis Smith, Kurt C. Wallnau, Builder's Guide for WaterBeans Components SEI Technical Report CMU/SEI-99-TR-024, Software Engineering Institute, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh PA, December 1999.
- Scott Hissam, Daniel Plakosh, COTS in the Real World: A Case Study in Risk Discovery and Repair SEI Technical Note CMU/SEI-99-TN-003 Software Engineering Institute, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA, June 1999.
- Daniel Plakosh, Scott Hissam, Kurt Wallnau Into the Black Box: A Case Study in Obtaining Visibility into Commercial Software, SEI Technical Note CMU/SEI-99-TN-010 Software Engineering Institute, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA, March 1999.
- Hissam, S, Carney, D. Plakosh, D., DoD Security Needs and COTS-Based Systems . Monograph Series: Commercial Software in Government Systems, September 1998.
- Andreas Polze, Daniel Plakosh, Kurt Wallnau, Real Time Computing on Off-The-Shelf Components--A Case for CORBA, in Proceedings of the International Conference on Integrated Design and Process Technology, Berlin, Germany, June 1998. Also to appear (revised form) in the Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing Practices.
- Meyers, B.C., Plakosh, D., Place, P., Klein, M., and Kazman, R., Assessment of CORBA and POSIX.21 Designs for FAA En Route Resectorization SEI Special Report CMU/SEI-98-SR-002, Software Engineering Institute, Carnegie Mellon University, April 1998.
- Andreas Polze, Daniel Plakosh, Kurt Wallnau, CORBA in Real-Time Settings: A Problem from the Manufacturing Domain, in Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on Object-Oriented Real-Time Distributed Computing (ISORC98), Kyoto, Japan, April 1998
- Andreas Polze, Daniel Plakosh, Kurt Wallnau, A Study in the Use of CORBA in Real-Time Settings: Model Problems for the Manufacturing Domain, SEI Technical Report CMU/SEI-97-TR-011, Software Engineering Institute, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh PA, December 1997.
- BS, Electrical Engineering, Youngstown State University