Senior Member of Technical Staff
Software-reliant systems are increasingly expected to operate in changing and uncertain environments. Gabriel Moreno's research interest is in self-adaptive systems, which are able to change their structure and behavior to deal with changes in operational context, available resources, and user needs. In particular, his research focuses on how the timeliness of adaptations can improve the effectiveness of self-adaptive systems.
Gabriel Moreno has several years of software development experience in industry and government. The breadth of projects he has participated in includes MIS, web applications and services, electronic transaction middleware, and communication protocols in embedded software. Before joining the SEI, he was at ITC Soluciones in Argentina, where he designed and developed multiplatform distributed systems and communication protocols for electronic transactions. Previously, he was a member of a research group at DGI (IRS equivalent in Argentina).
Publications (recent or significant)
- Stochastic Game Analysis and Latency Awareness for Proactive Self-Adaptation (with Javier Camara and David Garlan), Proceedings of the International Symposium on Software Engineering for Adaptive and Self-Managing Systems (SEAMS) (2014)
- Architecture-Based Self-Protection: Composing and Reasoning about Denial-of-Service Mitigations (with Bradley Schmerl, Javier Camara, Jeffrey Gennari, David Garlan, Paulo Casanova, Thomas J. Glazierr, and Jeffrey M. Barnes), Proceedings of Symposium and Bootcamp on the Science of Security (HotSoS) (2014)
- An Optimal Real-Time Voltage and Frequency Scaling for Uniform Multiprocessors (with Dionisio de Niz), Proceedings of the 18th IEEE International Conference on Embedded and Real-Time Computing Systems and Applications (RTCSA 2012) (2012)
- Designing for Incentives: Better Information Sharing for Better Software Engineering (with Mark Klein, David C. Parkes, and Kurt Wallnau), Proceedings of the FSE/SDP Workshop on the Future of Software Engineering Research (FoSER) (2010)
- Model-Driven Performance Analysis (with Paulo Merson), Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on the Quality of Software Architectures (QoSA 2008) (2008)
- Handling Interdependent Values in an Auction Mechanism for Bandwidth Allocation in Tactical Data Networks (with Mark Klein, David C. Parkes, Daniel Plakosh, Kurt Wallnau, and Sven Seuken), Proceedings of ACM SIGCOMM 2008 Workshop on Economics of Networked Systems (NetEcon 2008) (2008)
- Creating Custom Containers with Generative Techniques, Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Generative Programming and Component Engineering (GPCE'06) (2006)
- Enabling Predictable Assembly (with Scott A. Hissam, Judith Stafford, and Kurt C. Wallnau), Journal of Systems and Software (2003)
See more in the Complete list of publications
- IEEE Computer Society