Senior Member of the Technical Staff
James Edmondson builds middleware for distributed artificial intelligence. He specializes in real-time systems, control, and distributed algorithms.
Publications (recent or significant)
- Loyall J.P., Gillen M., Paulos A., Bunch L., Carvalho M., Edmondson J., Schmidt D.C., Martignoni III A., and Sinclair A. Dynamic Policy-Driven Quality of Service in Service-Oriented Information Management Systems. Component and Service-Oriented Distributed Embedded Real-Time Systems, Special Issue on Software: Practice and Experience. 2011.
- Edmondson, J. and Schmidt, D.C. Multi-agent distributed adaptive resource allocation (MADARA). International Journal of Communication Networks and Distributed Systems, Special Issue on: Grid Computing, Vol. 5, No. 3, pp.229–245. November, 2010.
- Hill, J. H., Schmidt, D.C., Edmondson, J., and Gokhale, A. Tools for Continuously Evaluating Distributed System Qualities. IEEE Software, Vol. 27, No. 4. August, 2010.
- Edmondson, J., Gokhale, A., Schmidt, D. (2012). Approximation Techniques for Maintaining Real-time Deployments Informed by User-provided Dataflows Within a Cloud. Proceedings of 31st IEEE International Symposium on Reliable Distributed Systems (SRDS 2012). Irvine, CA.
- Edmondson, J., Gokhale, A., Neema, S. (2012). Automated Redeployment of Real-Time Systems Informed by User-Provided Workflows. Proceedings of Real-Time Automated Systems (RTAS) Work-in-Progress (WIP) Session 2012. Beijing, China.
- Edmondson, J., Gokhale, A., Neema, S. (2011). Automating Testing of Service-oriented Mobile Applications with Distributed Knowledge and Reasoning. Proceedings of Service-Oriented Computing Architectures (SOCA) 2011. Irvine, CA.
- Edmondson, J., Schmidt, D., Gokhale, A. (2011). QoS-enabled Distributed Mutual Exclusion in Public Clouds. Proceedings of the 1st International Conference of Secure Virtual Infrastructures in Distributed Object Architectures.Crete, Greece.
- Edmondson, J., Gokhale, A. (2011). Design of a Scalable Reasoning Engine for Distributed, Real-time and Embedded Systems. Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Knowledge, Science, Engineering and Management. Irvine, CA.
- Loyall, J., Edmondson, J. Bunch, L., Martignoni III, A., Gillen, M., Paulus, A. Varsheneya, P. Schmidt, D., Carvalho, M. (2010). Dynamic Policy Driven Quality of Service in Service Oriented Systems. Proceedings of the 13th IEEE International Symposium on Object/component/service-oriented Real-time distributed computing. Carmona, Spain.
- Hill, J. H., Turner, H., Edmondson, J. and Schmidt, D.C. (2009, April). Unit Testing Non-Functional Concerns of Component-based Distributed Systems. Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Software Testing, Verification, and Validation (ICST). Denver, CO.
- Loyall, J., Carvalho, M., Schmidt, D.C., Gillen, M., Martignoni III, A., Bunch, L., Edmondson, J., and Corman, D. (2009, April). QoS Enabled Dissemination of Managed Information Objects in a Publish-Subscribe-Query Information Broker. The SPIE Defense Transformation and Net-Centric Systems conference. Orlando, FL.
- Xiong M., Parsons J., Edmondson J., Nguyen H., and Schmidt D.C. (2007, April). Evaluating Technologies for Tactical Information Management in Net-Centric Systems. Proceedings of the Defense Transformation and Net-Centric Systems conference. Orlando, Florida.
- Parker, B., Edmondson, J. (2006). Application of Simulation in Computer Architecture. Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Education and Information Systems: Technologies and Applications. Orlando, FL.
- Edmondson J., Hankins J. (2006). M Pivot Sort – Faster than Quick Sort! McNair Research Review. Murfreesboro, TN.
- Edmondson J. (2005). M Pivot Sort – Replacing Quick Sort. Proceedings of the 2005 International Conference on Algorithmic Mathematics and Computer Science. Las Vegas, NV.
- Edmondson, J., Schmidt, D. (2011). Towards Accurate Simulation of Large-Scale Systems via Time Dilation. Real-time Simulation Technologies: Principles, Methodologies, and Applications. CRC Press.
Advanced Mobile Systems
- PhD, Computer Science, Vanderbilt University
- MS, Computer Science, Vanderbilt University
- BS, Computer Science, Middle Tennessee State University